15 Facts About Divorce Every Couple Should Know Before Getting Married
More relationships end in divorce these days than ever before. Divorce has a major impact on families, children, and society as a whole. Before you get married (or divorced), you should look at the strange statistics regarding this major decision.
1. There are 100 divorces every hour in the U.S.
2. A third of all U.S. divorce filings in 2011 contained the word “Facebook.”
3. Couples who live together before engagement have higher divorce rates than those who wait.
4. First marriages ending in divorce usually last approximately 8 years.
5. People enduring more than a 45 minute commute are 40% more likely to divorce.
6. According to U.S. statistics, if one partner smokes, a marriage is 75% more likely to end in divorce.
7. The average length of divorce proceedings in the United States is 1 year.
8. Marriages are likely to last longer when people marry at an older age, have a higher education, and earn more money.
9. 75% of people who marry partners from an affair eventually divorce that person.
10. Among the occupations with the lowest divorce rates are agricultural engineers, salespeople, nuclear engineers, optometrists, clergy, and podiatrists.
11. The world’s most expensive divorce was estimated at $2.5 billion.
12. Children of divorced parents are twice as likely to drop out of high school and less likely to attend college.
13. A Bosnian couple divorced after discovering both had an online affair with each other under fake names.
14. No U.S. president has been elected after being divorced except for Ronald Reagan.
15. The average divorce takes almost 18 months to get over the split.
The concept of marriage may be risky (and it might not last a lifetime), but arming yourself with knowledge is the best thing you can do before making the leap.
How Did It Happen This is How These Celebrities Voted In This Presidential Election
10 Healthy Homemade Recipes for Dog Food & Organic Treats
Pets Staring at food
A Few Pieces Of Wood And Metal Is All You Need For A Tropical Escape
These Birds Are Way Too Drunk For Their Own Good!
These Two Puppies Have Each Others Backs. This Is True Love!